Attained at level 3, Expert Paths give either specialize into a playstyle or give a whole new one for characters to use. They are pretty distinct from one another, and many elements in them end up as core gameplay for a character.
Paths of Faith Edit
Paths of faith are the ones that emerge from the Priest novice path. There is 21 paths of faith.
There are four paths of faith introduced in the core book.
Demon Lord's Companion introduces 2 new paths of faith.
Uncertain Faith introduces a new path of faith.
- Gothi - A worshipper of The Dark Gods.
Called to Serve introduces 14 new paths of faith. They mostly take back the priest options introduced in Uncertain Faith.
- Chronicler - A worshipper of The Honored Dead.
- Crusader - A worshipper of The New God.
- Daughter of the Moon - A worshipper of The Maiden in the Moon.
- Guardian - A worshipper of the Old Faith and The Horned King.
- Holy Matron - A worshipper of The World Mother.
- Horned One - A worshipper of The Horned King.
- Ice Apostle - A worshipper of the Old Man Winter.
- Justiciar - A worshipper of The Seer.
- Maleficant - A worshipper of Witchcraft, using it for dark purposes.
- Reveler - A worshipper of Revel.
- Ruiner - A worshipper of The Dark Gods.
- Solemn One - A worshipper of the Father Death.
- Summer Child - A worshipper of The Queen of Summer.
- Wisdom - A worshipper of The Lord and The Lady of Witchcraft.
Paths of Power Edit
Paths of power are the ones that emerge from the Magician novice path. There is 32 paths of power.
There are 4 paths of power introduced in the core book.
Demon Lord's Companion introduces 2 new paths of power.
Paths of Power also introduces a new path of power.
Occult Philosophy introduces 25 new expert paths related to magic.
Paths of Trickery Edit
Paths of trickery are the ones that emerge from the Rogue novice path. There is 12 paths of trickery.
Demon Lord's Companion introduces 2 new paths of trickery.
Natural Born Scoundrels also introduces 6 new paths of trickery, closely related to roguery talents.
Paths of War Edit
Paths of war (also called Paths of Battle) are the ones that emerge from the Warrior novice path. There are 7 paths of war.
There are four paths of war introduced in the core book.
Demon Lord's Companion introduces 2 new paths of war.
Paths of Battle also introduces a new path of war.
Neutral Paths Edit
Many of the expert paths introduced later with supplement books do not refer to any novice path in particular. These are listed here.
Paths of Hunger Edit
Introduced in Flesh of the Fallen, these paths deal with cannibalism and related aspects, branching from the ghouls.
Paths of Darkness Edit
- Corpse Caller - A Necromancy focused spellcaster.
- Harrower - A dark magic specialist, endowing the signature black flames the Lady uses.
- Silencer - Combines the use of fighting techniques with Death and Shadow spells.
Paths of Purpose Edit
Introduced in the book of the same name, they are paths that can be tread by any type of expert character.
Uncategorized Expert Paths Edit
These Expert paths were released together with other books without a proper category.
- Drowned One
- Grease Monkey
- Road Warrior
- Red Cloak
- Devotee of the Goblin King
- Prince of Darkness
- Bounty Hunter
- Chosen of the Spider Queen
- Demon Beast
- Spider Savant
- Soul Thief
Soldiers of FortuneEdit